Search by cities - Essen
Medical experts in Essen
- Cardiology Essen Prof. Tienush Rassaf
- Urology Essen Prof. Dr. med. Dr. h.c. Herbert Rübben
- Pulmonology / Lungs Essen Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Helmut Teschler
- Heart Surgery Essen Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Heinz Günther Jakob
- Gastroenterology Essen Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Guido Gerken
- Neurology Essen Prof. Christoph Kleinschnitz
- Thoracic Surgery Essen Univ.-Prof. Dr. Clemens Aigner
- Gynaecologic oncology Essen Univ.-Prof. Dr. Dr. med. Klaus Rainer Kimmig
- Allergology Essen Prof. Dr. med. Ulrich Costabel
- Bronchology Essen Prof. Dr. med. Lutz Freitag
- Radiation Therapy | Radiation Oncology Essen Prof. Beate Timmermann
Information about Essen
Medical Specialists in Essen
Medical specialists and specialty clinics in Essen recommended by senior consultants in Germany can be found in the Leading Medicine Guide. You can find experts in Essen to treat your illness and you may contact them directly.
Essen – Cultural capital of Europe in 2010
Essen is located in the centre of the Ruhr region in the state of North Rhine Westphalia and is the ninth largest city in Germany having a population of 575,000. The city which in earlier days was known purely for its mining and heavy industries has in the last few years been transformed into a modern centre of commerce and services. This change is symbolized by the Zollverein coal mine which used to be Europe's largest coalmine and was a UNESCO World Heritage site and today serves as a meeting place for art, music and culture. Essen was Europe’s cultural capital in the year 2010 symbolizing the entire Ruhr region as a unique cultural area.
The collection of modern paintings at the Folkwang museum and the Folkwang Art Academy are extraordinary and known worldwide. The Grugapark in Essen with its botanical garden, the animal park, the barbecues, playgrounds and the Lake Baldeney in the south of the city are among the recreational areas in Essen. The Stausee is a favourite picnic spot, sports centre and also a bird sanctuary for herons, cormorants and other endangered species of birds.
Essen as a healthcare location
The healthcare location of Essen has more than 13 hospitals with about 6000 beds and 1960 doctors, who treat about 201,000 patients annually. The Leading Medicine Guide shows you a selection of doctors and clinics that are ranked among the medical practitioners or specialty clinics in Essen.