The Clinic of Urology and Pediatric Urology at the North-west Hospital treats benign and malign diseases of the urinary and sexual organs in men, women and children. The main focus is surgical uro-oncology.
The clinic is part of the interdisciplinary North-west Tumor Center and has been certified since 2007 as the center for prostate carcinoma by the Deutsche Krebsgesellschaft (German Cancer Association).
Core expertise is the treatment of prostate cancer (laparoscopic operations for maintaining potency), of renal tumor and of urethral bladder carcinoma, of testicular cancer, of penile cancer, the treatment of kidney/ureteric stones, of benign enlargement of the prostate, of incontinence and reconstruction operations of the urogenital tract in adults and children.
The specialties are modern treatment concepts:
- operations involving retention of organs
- minimally invasive treatment:
- High intensity focused ultrasound
- Laser therapy of the prostate
- Shock wave therapy
- Urethral endoscopy
- Laser therapy for nephrolithiasis
- Replacement of the urethral bladder in cases of bladder carcinoma Treatment of urethral strictures and hypospadias
- Vasovasostomy (micro-surgery)
- Prosthetic surgery
Recognized center for incontinence (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Inkontinenzhilfe-German Continence Society).
Voiding disorder of the bladder, undescended testicles, reflux, subpelvic stenosis
Specialized surgical urology, chemotherapy for tumors, specialized urological radiology, andrology, quality management.