Search by cities - Cologne
Medical experts in Cologne
- Oral Surgery / Dental Implant Surgery Cologne Jochem Heibach
- Urology Cologne Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Axel Heidenreich
- Pediatric Surgery Cologne Prof. Dr. Dr. Thomas Boemers
- Minimally Invasive Abdominal Surgery Cologne Dr. Joerg Weber
- Hernia Surgery Cologne Dr Bernd Stechemesser
- Cardiology Cologne Prof. Rainer Wessely
- Ophthalmology Cologne Prof. Ludwig Heindl
Information about Cologne
Medical Specialists in Cologne
Medical specialists and specialty clinics in Cologne recommended by senior consultants in Germany can be found in the Leading Medicine Guide. You can find experts in Cologne to treat your illness and you may contact them directly.
The Rhine city of Cologne
With a population of 1,007,000 Cologne is the fourth largest city in the Federal Republic of Germany and is located in the state of North Rhine Westphalia. The city, which in the vernacular of Cologne is affectionately called “Kölle”, is known particularly as a stronghold of the Rhine carnival and also for its landmark, the Cologne Cathedral that was built in gothic style in the thirteenth century.
In addition, Cologne is also an important centre of commerce, media and culture in North Rhine Westphalia and Germany. Several theatres and museums including the Ludwig museum and the Roman Germanic museum invite visitors to Cologne. With over 60,000 students, Cologne ranks among the major university towns in Germany.
Cologne as a healthcare location
37 hospitals with about 7300 beds and 2700 doctors ensure comprehensive medical care and inpatient treatment for about 268,000 patients every year. The Leading Medicine Guide shows you a selection of doctors and clinics that are ranked among the medical practitioners or specialty clinics in Cologne.