Search by cities - Zurich
Medical experts in Zurich
- Pain Medicine Zurich Dr. Andreas Baetscher and Dr. Michael Hartmann FIPP MBA
- Gynaecologic oncology Zurich Prof. Dr. med. Daniel Fink
- Spine / Spinal Surgery Zurich Professor (sk), MD, PhD Burkhard Rischke
- Neurosurgery Zurich PD Dr. med. Ralf A. Kockro
- Traumatology Zurich Dr. Stefan Kunz
- Shoulder Surgery Zurich Prof. Markus Scheibel
- Hernia Surgery Zurich Dr Jan F. Kukleta
- Orthopedics Zurich Asst. Lect. Prof. Matthias Steinwachs
- Aesthetic Surgery Zurich Dr Colette Carmen Camenisch
- Hernia Surgery Zurich Dr. Rolf Hunkeler
- Oncologic surgery Zurich Prof. Paul Magnus Schneider
- Knee Surgery Zurich Asst. Lect. Dr. Sandro Kohl
- Neurosurgery Zurich Prof. Robert Reisch
- Hip Surgery Zurich Prof. Marius Keel
- Endocrine Surgery Zurich Dr. Georg Wille
- Pancreas surgery Zurich Prof. Marc Schiesser
- Visceral Surgery Zurich Dr. Heinz Wehrli
Information about Zurich
Top Medical Specialists in Zurich
Medical specialists and specialty clinics in Zurich recommended by senior consultants in Switzerland can be found in the Leading Medicine Guide for Switzerland. You can find experts in Zurich to treat your illness and you may contact them directly.
The cosmopolitan city of Zurich
The city of Zurich located on the banks of the River Limmat and at the lower end of Lake Zurich in the eastern Swiss plateau. With its 390,000 residents, Zurich is the largest city in Switzerland and is also the capital of the canton of Zurich. Zurich is situated about 60 kilometres away from the Glarus Alps in a basin surrounded by afforested mountains and has an area of about 92 square kilometres. With an average population density of 4046 residents per square kilometer, Zurich is one of the most densely populated cities in Switzerland after GGeneva and Basel.
Zurich is an important economic, scientific, social and political centre of Switzerland. Several banks including the Credit Suisse and the UBS have a presence in Zurich, which is why Zurich is clearly the centre of the Swiss banking industry and also an international financial centre. Besides, Zurich being the headquarters of several educational institutions including the University of Zurich and the Federal Technical University of Zurich (ETHZ), it has become the most prominent centre of higher education in Switzerland. The Leading Medicine Guide shows you which doctors and clinics in Zurich are ranked among the top medical specialists in Germany.
Zurich as a healthcare location
Thanks to its different hospitals and healthcare establishments, Zurich does have a lot to offer as a healthcare location. The largest Swiss city has 37 hospitals in total with about 6000 hospital beds. About 22,000 employees including about 2500 doctors and 7500 nursing staff provide medical treatment to patients round the clock. Besides, there are 1457 doctors and 370 dentists in independent practices providing medical care to the residents of Zurich. The Leading Medicine Guide for Switzerland shows you which doctors and clinics in Zurich are ranked among the top medical specialists in Switzerland.