- Prof. Thomas P. U. Wustrow
- Prof. Hans-Juergen Kornmesser,
- Prof. Hans-Peter Zenner and
- Dr. Nicola Leuze.
All the specialists of the Joint ENT Practice have had many years of wide-ranging and specialized training and continual advanced training including executive positions. Numerous memberships in national and international specialist associations network the specialist team with their specialist colleagues and the current scientific landscape.
As highly esteemed specialists, Prof. Wustrow, Prof. Kornmesser and Prof. Zenner, thanks to a large number of scientific specialist publications, the co-creation of treatment guidelines and practical research, have made a significant contribution to the standards of modern otorhinolaryngology.
Prof. Zenner was involved, for example, in the development of ENT guidelines for chronic tinnitus, cervical spine injuries and hearing disorders in childhood. As the longstanding Director of the University ENT Clinic in Tubingen, he was also the authorized physician of the Medical Association for the advanced training of the junior medical specialists. Prof. Zenner is the author of several specialist medical textbooks in ENT medicine and is particularly committed to patient clarification by means of YouTube videos, on his own channel.
Like Prof. Wustrow, Prof. Zenner’s personal career also includes numerous additional qualifications, which far exceed ENT. His longstanding occupation of the office of President of, inter alia, the German Academy for ENT Medicine and the German ENT Medicine and Head and Neck Surgery Association, as well as numerous awards, identify Prof. Zenner as a prominent specialist in his field.
Prof. Zenner developed the first hearing implant in Tubingen in collaboration with fellows. Prof. Zenner had already received an award for the preliminary research in 1987, and the first successful implantation of a cochlear implant was performed in 1998. Prior to joining the Joint ENT Practice, Prof. Kornmesser was the Head of the ENT Clinic and Associate Professor of ENT in Munich.
A respectful basis of trust between the physician and the patient is a priority for the Joint ENT Practice on Wittelsbacher Platz and this is lived out daily with great empathy. A great deal of though is given to the personal consultation in order that patients will be able to make the appropriate treatment decision for their ENT conditions with a good feeling and with certainty.
The focus at the Joint Practice is on conditions and congenital conditions affecting the entire ear, nose and throat region. These include hearing disorders, tinnitus and vertigo, dysphonia and speech disorders, sleep disorders and snoring, allergies and problems with the paranasal sinuses. Children are also gently examined and treated. Dr. Leuze specializes in pediatric ENT, in particular, and responds to her smallest patients with empathy.
From the first appointment to the customized treatment concept, cutting-edge technical facilities are available for the diagnosis and treatment at the Joint ENT Practice. Together with a comprehensive therapeutic range, surgical measures are also utilized if necessary. Out-patient procedures are performed directly on-site in the practice office in Arco House or in one of the out-patient clinics Iatros and IsarAop. For in-patient treatment, the ENT specialists operate as residential physicians at the Munich-Maxvorstadt Diakoniewerk Hospital in Schwabing. For over 10 years, there has been successful collaboration with the experienced anesthesia team for safe, gentle and low-risk surgery. The surgical procedures include functional procedures in the entire head and neck region, as well as plastic-surgical procedures to the nose and the eyelids. The Munich ENT specialists at the joint private medical practice look forward to your contact request and will be happy to discuss your personal treatment wishes with you! Audiology
- Hearing tests
- Speech audiometry with words and numbers
- Hearing aid adjustment, hearing aid testing
- BERA (auditory brainstem response audiometry)
- Pediatric hearing tests, screening of neonates
- OAE (expanded diagnostic hearing test, measurement of otoacustic emissions, TOAE, DPOAE)
- Impedance measurement
- Tinnitus determination and treatment, tinnitus counseling
- Tinnitus retraining
- Prescription and adjustment of tinnitus maskers
- Auditory training
- Pediatric surgery
- Face, neck (lifting)
- Scar correction
- Eyelid plastic surgery
- Excision of larger basal cell carcinomata
- Correction of larger scars
- Tonsil surgery
- Follow-up surgery – revision surgery
- Cosmetic functional nasal correction (rhinoplasty)
- Various techniques are utilized to reduce and adapt the size of the nasal concha such as conchotomy, laser surgery conchotomy, fracturing of the nasal concha, cauterization of the nasal concha (electrical or using radio frequency), etc.
- Paranasal sinus surgery
- Nasal septum surgery (septoplasty)
- Surgery to the ear to improve the hearing
- Ear surgery
- Pharyngeal surgery for snoring
- Surgery to the lachrymal ducts
- Surgery to the neck such as to the smaller and larger cervical lymph nodes, cysts or fistulas
- Metastases of other malignant tumors (cervical lymph node metastases)
- Endoscopic surgery to the larynx and the vocal chords (phonosurgery):
- Benign and malignant conditions of the larynx or the lower pharynx (hypopharynx)
- Tumors of the tongue, in the oral cavity and in the oropharynx are removed by surgery or laser surgery