Refractive surgery - Further information
In a search for specialists in LASIK you will find medical experts for the treatment of visual problems using laser correction. You need a LASIK specialist for the correction of myopia or hyperopia? Here you will find specialists in LASIK.
LASIK eye surgery is the most commonly performed surgical procedure in the Western world. LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis) is a combination of a cutting technique and laser treatment for the correction of nearsightedness (myopia) and farsightedness (hyperopia).
Therapeutic range of services of LASIK treatment
The therapeutic range of services of LASIK treatment includes wavefront-optimized LASIK, A-CAT, aberrometry or wavefront-guided LASIK, T-CAT, topography guided LASIK, LASIK for the correction of asphericity (not globular curvature) of the cornea (Q value), Femto-LASIK, monovision, LASEK (Laser Epithelial Keratomileusis) and EpiLASIK (Epithelial in Situ Keratomileusis)
The Leading Medicine Guide's quality assurance is ensured by the following acceptance prerequisites.
- At least 10 years of experience in medical treatment
- Mastery of modern diagnostic and surgical procedures
- Representative number of annual surgeries, treatments and therapies
- Outstanding focus of treatment in their special field
- Active member of a leading national medical society
- Managerial position
- Active participation in medical conferences, symposia etc.
- Research and teaching
- Reputation and recommendation
- Quality management