Phlebology - Further information
In a search for specialists in the venous sector you will find medical experts for the diagnosis and treatment of venous diseases. You have peripheral arterial disease (PAD), thrombosis or varicose veins and need an experienced venologist? Here you will find selected specialists in venology.
A venous centre specialises in the diagnosis and treatment of venous diseases in men and women. The surgical and conservative treatment of varicose veins and other venous disorders are the medical focus of qualified venous therapy. Colour-coded duplex sonography, venography, sclerotherapy treatments and stripping operations are the most common procedures at the venous centre.
In addition to specialised operative knowledge, venous centres also possess knowledge about diagnostic procedures as well as about disease-related pre- and post-diagnostic treatment.
Therapeutic range of services in venology
The therapeutic range of services of the venous centre comprises, for the most part, such conservative treatments for atrophy as foam treatment, the operative treatment of varices such as for example stripping surgery, radiofrequency ablation for varices and laser treatment for varices.
The Leading Medicine Guide's quality assurance is ensured by the following acceptance prerequisites.
- At least 10 years of experience in medical treatment
- Mastery of modern diagnostic and surgical procedures
- Representative number of annual surgeries, treatments and therapies
- Outstanding focus of treatment in their special field
- Active member of a leading national medical society
- Managerial position
- Active participation in medical conferences, symposia etc.
- Research and teaching
- Reputation and recommendation
- Quality management