Dr. med. Andreas Ottersbach
Specialist for knee and hip endoprosthetics in BrigMore details to follow soon.
More details to follow soon.
- Complications for artificial hip joints
- Customized hip prosthesis
- Customized knee prosthesis
- Following the implantation of the artificial hip joint
- Hip prosthesis
- Hip replacement revision
- Hip TEP (Total hip endoprosthesis)
- Knee prosthesis
- Knee replacement revision
- Knee TEP
- Navigated knee prosthesis
- Revision hip prosthesis surgery
- Short-stem prosthesis
- Sled / sledge prosthesis
Curriculum Vitae Dr. med. Andreas Ottersbach
|Since 2005||Co Head of the Orthopedic Clinic, Hospital Centre Oberwallis (SZO) in Brig, Switzerland|
|Since 2007||Head of the Orthopedic Clinic at the Brig site|
|1996-2004||Senior Physician, St. Vincenz Hospital Brakel (teaching hospital of the University Münster)|
|1991 - 1996||Education to become a specialist in orthopaedics
- St. Vincenz Hospital Paderborn, Germany
- Marien Hospital Marsberg, Germany
- St. Vincenz Hospital in Brakel, Germany
|03.1993||PhD, Westf. Wilhelms- University Münster, Germany
Dissertation: „The position of Phemister- Epiphyseodesis in the therapy of length difference”
|1985 - 1991||Medical studies, Westf. Wilhelms- University Münster, Germany
Practise Abroad: 1989 Aga- Kahn Hospital, Nairobi/ Kenia
Science Dr. med. Andreas Ottersbach
|Dr. Ottersbach is focused on hip and knee replacement in combination with minimally invasive techniques.
To secure the direct anterior approach he has inaugurated the development of the RotexTable in 2007. He uses routinely navigation in knee replacement and fluoroscopy in combination with navigation in hip replacement. Dr. Ottersbach is the first surgeon in Switzerland who has implemented rapid recovery in an orthopaedic department.